Call for IADI Sponsored Paper Proposals
The International Association of Deposit Insurers (IADI) invites paper proposals from academics, researchers, and research staff of international organisations on deposit insurance and related topics such as bank resolution, financial stability and financial crisis management. The IADI will fund selected paper proposals, which will ultimately be published on the IADI website. Proposals can range from abstracts to draft papers. Finished papers will not be considered for funding.
This initiative by IADI aims to provide a forum for researchers to share their work with deposit insurance/bank resolution practitioners to advance knowledge about a wide range of issues facing deposit insurers.
The IADI encourages papers on topics that can be of relevance for deposit insurance, bank resolution, and financial stability. Topics may generally include, but are not limited to:
- Pricing of deposit insurance
- Funding structure for deposit insurance and bank resolution
- Deposit insurance coverage
- Developments in Fintech and implications for deposit insurers
- Climate change and its impact on deposit insurance
- Assessment of liquidity needs for deposit insurance systems
- Crisis preparedness, contingency planning and crisis management
- Assessing bank risk taking and the implications for deposit insurance
- Bank resolution approaches and their effect on deposit insurance
- Effects of public awareness on depositor behaviour
A final paper suitable for dissemination in the IADI website should be completed by 31 December 2023.
Paper proposals should be no more than 2,000 words (excluding diagrams, tables, footnotes and bibliography) and should include:
- A detailed outline of the research, including data sources
- A timeline for completion of the paper
- An itemized budget of reimbursable expenses. (Note: IADI will not reimburse salaries or fees for research or statistical support hired by the researcher.)
- The IADI will provide funding per individual paper based on factors such as the relevance of the topic, methodology, level of experience and expertise of the author(s) and quality of the contribution.
Proposals will be selected for funding based on the review by the Research Paper Nomination Committee (RPNC) which is comprised of the Secretary General (SG), Senior Policy and Research Advisor, the Chairperson of the Core Principles and Research Council (CPRC) Committee and a person nominated by the SG and CPRC Chairperson.
Please submit your proposal to the IADI Secretariat via email at email@example.com
The timeline for paper proposals is as follows:
- Submission deadline: 30 April 2023
- Notification date: 5 June 2023
- Final paper due: 31 December 2023