IADI is a forum for deposit insurers from around the world to gather to share knowledge and expertise. It provides training and educational programs and produces research and guidance on matters related to deposit insurance.
The Executive Council has established seven Standing Committees, as well as Regional Committees for Africa, Asia-Pacific, the Caribbean, Eurasia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and North America. The Regional Committees provide a voice to the common interests and issues affecting members in those regions. They also serve as separate forums for sharing information and ideas.
To share deposit insurance expertise with the world.
To contribute to the enhancement of deposit insurance effectiveness by promoting guidance and international cooperation.
To contribute to the stability of financial systems by promoting international cooperation in the field of deposit insurance and providing guidance for establishing new, and enhancing existing, deposit insurance systems, and to encourage wide international contact among deposit insurers and other interested parties.
Sharing Deposit Insurance Expertise with the World
In the furtherance of its Objectives, IADI, in particular:
- develops principles, standards and guidance to enhances the effectiveness of deposit insurance systems - taking into account difference circumstances, settings and structures;
- encourages consideration and voluntary application of its principles, standards and guidelines;
- develops methodologies for the assessment of compliance with its principles, standards, and guidelines, and facilitates assessment processes;
- enhances the understanding of common interests and issues related to deposit insurance;
- failitates the sharing and exchange of expertise and information on deposit insurance issues through training, development and educational programs and provides advice on the establishment or enhancement of effective deposit insurance systems;
- undertakes research on issues relating to deposit insurance;
- co-operates with other international organisations, particularly those involved in issues related to financial markets and promotion of financial growth, stability and integrity;
- creates awareness among supervisors and regulators of financial institutions concerning the key role of deposit insurance systems in maintaining financial stability; and
- takes such other action as may be necessary or useful for its Objectives and activities.